Loading...

Friday, June 20, 2008

DURAND SCOTT: NEXT AT RICE, UCONN TO FOLLOW

With future Connecticut guard Kemba Walker no longer at his side with either the New York Gauchos or at Rice High School, it is Durand Scott’s turn to take the reins and become one of the best guards in New York City – and he knows it.

But does everyone else?

“Everyone’s not giving me the respect I deserve,” Scott said. “I need to show everybody what I got.”

While Scott is Set to Prove Doubters Wrong (NBE Basketball Report) several Big East and other major conference schools definitely believe in him.

Right now, Scott’s recruitment is wide-open with a multitude of schools courting the confident youngster. He told Jeff Borzello at the Rumble in the Bronx that Pittsburgh, Louisville, Connecticut and West Virginia and other schools are looking at him from the Big East, while Virginia, Miami and Xavier are also interested in him. He said he is not leaning in any particular direction just yet.

Over the summer, Scott needs to become more of a go-to-guy and a leader for the Gauchos in preparation for his senior season with Rice. Furthermore, despite the fact he exudes swagger, Scott realizes he has things he needs to work on.

“I need to become more of an individual player, more of a scorer,” Scott said. “Last year, I usually looked to my teammates more, but now I need to do whatever my coach wants me to do.

“I have to just play.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home